Why should you train your dog?
The benefits of having a trained dog are nearly limitless! From the moment you get your new puppy or dog, here's a run-down of just some of the advantages and benefits:
- Puppy classes provide the opportunity for getting your new family member started off right.
- Puppy classes provide the experiences and opportunities for your puppy to develop interaction skills with other puppies, with people, and in new environments.
- Puppy socialization has been found to be critical for thee psychological health of adult dogs.
- Training classes provide dog owners the skills and knowledge for dealing with common normal dog behaviors starting with puppy behaviors such as house training and chewing.
- No matter what age you start training your dog, foundation training provides the basis for any activity, behavior or job you want your dog to do.
- Training provides dogs with the basic good manners we all want from polite greeting when guest arrive, to walking nicely on the leash, to coming when called.
- A trained dog is a fully participating member of the family. What a gift for all of you!
- A trained dog joins in the fun when company comes, accompanies the family to the kids sports games, goes with you to visit friends and relatives, goes for hikes, swims, and everything else the family does together.
- And most importantly: Training has been shown to be the single most important thing that keeps a dog in his/her "forever home"!
An obedient dog is a happy dog!
- Tired of Your Dog Pulling You on a Walk?
- Are Your guests tired of your Dog's jumping?
- Want More Control Over Your Dog?
- Does Your Dog Tear up or Chew Furniture?
- Do you need help with a Fearful or Anxious Puppy or Dog?
- Does Your Dog Behave Around Children?
- Does Your Dog stop Listening and Behaving around Distractions?
- Is Your Barking Dog Embarrassing You?
About the Trainer
Certified Trainer Stephanie Dom
In 2002, I left corporate America to go after my dream. I went back to school for dog training and kennel management. After I graduated I started Lead Me On in 2003. Since graduating, I attend seminars, lectures & workshops every year to continue my education and to keep up with the latest training techniques. My goal as a trainer is to educate my clients and give them real solutions to help them in their training efforts. With the use of balance training, I have trained 100’s of dogs in Cambria, Somerset and Indiana Co. Since each dog is unique and responds differently, we will design a training program specific to your needs. My clients know I am always just a phone call or email away. You can always count on us to train your dog with the love and compassion we would give our own.
Ever since I was a child, animals have always been a part of my life. Growing up by a dairy farm I would visit the farm daily and watched as the cows were milked and would visit with all the animals. Now as an adult, I share my home with my husband Wyatt, 2 sons, Cameron and Austin and 6 animals, 4 dogs, and 2 cats. Training to me is not a job, but something I love to do! How many people can say they play with dogs all day!